[Mgs] Gauge Rebuilding

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 11:43:05 MST 2021

 I hope this may help some of you looking for sources for rebuilding gauges.  I recently had the tachometer in my 1967 Morgan 4/4 rebuilt by Nisonger Instruments.  The tach was kind of ratty looking and the calibration was off by a factor of 2.  When it came back it looked like a new gauge.  They had replaced the lens and chrome bezel and fixed the calibration problem.  In addition, they also converted it over so that if I ever decide to replace my points distributor with an electronic ignition system, the tach will work correctly.
When I received the tach, I was confused by the wiring instructions.  It was much simpler, and did not use some of the old parts.  I called Peter Bayer, and he was very helpful in walking me through the steps of the new wiring system.  With that bit of help, I installed it and WOW, it's great having a tach again that really shows the true engine speed.
I'm not trying to tell anybody who to use, just giving my impression of a job well done.  I have used Nisonger for instrument rebuilding for over 30 years, with similar results.
Best regards,
Jack