[Mgs] MGA Clutch hydraulics

Dale Katzfey dkatzfey at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 14 08:25:18 MST 2021

This MGA has a single reservoir.  The brake side is working, the clutch
side is not.  I can not get any pressure pumping the pedal.  Here is
what I/'/ve tried so far:

1. Changed out the tubing from the master

2. Got a little fluid out when I cracked the tubing at the master. Fluid
kind of spit.

3. Got a little fluid out when I cracked at the other end of the tubing

4. Fluid in reservoir did not drop when pumping.

5. Took the master out and checked the rubber parts all seemed to be in
order.

6. Covered the output of the reservoir and I could not push the shaft in.

7. Took the master cover off and looked to see if there was something
stopping the fluid from entering the cylinder.  Both sides looked the same.

8. Reinstalled the master and no pressure still.

Any other ideas?  I think that the fluid id not getting into the
cylinder, but I don't know why.