[Mgs] Window regulator restoration

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Oct 22 01:29:26 MDT 2020

Felt inserts seem to be available from the usual suspects, UK at least.

Yes the rear runners can be moved in and out of engagement with the glass, and having them too close does make the drop-glass stiff.  You can tell if it's the drop-glass and runners that need work or the regulator itself by positioning the glass mid-way, then grasping the glass and manually lifting it up and down through its free play, and winding the handle back and fore through what should be free play, and see whether one is significantly stiffer than the other.

  I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice would be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with what?   I was considering using that slippy plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not like water   There are many options and I will have to find a knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the right shape.   I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not looking forward to this !!!   Where can I get new ones??