[Mgs] Amazon scam me thinks?

Barrie Robinson barrob at bell.net
Tue May 26 09:09:59 MDT 2020

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is way off subject, for which I apologise,  but I am one of those
people who gets up in arms when I encounter a scam by a company that
should do better.

If you use Amazon you may have taken up their 'Prime' service which you
have to pay for.  Neat what?  You have to pay for good service !!!   If
it fits your bill then that is fine /but just try and cancel it!
/I found we had been charged $7.99 for *years* plus a yearly fee
although cannot remember joining.   We rarely use Amazon as "get it now"
does not attract us and the last purchase was 6 months ago.   So
obviously cancellation of Prime was required.  Now we come to Amazon's
superbly crafted scam. *You cannot cancel.*   You end up going round and
round their web pages but no how, no where does it allow you to
cancel.   What is so blatantly indicative of their dishonesty is that if
you do a search on how to cancel Prime you will find a whole raft of
books written on it. *BOOKS ON HOW TO CANCEL* *!!!*   UNBELIEVABLE.  And
guess what?   The books are sold by Amazon.

I just had to blow steam off about this.   I find the only way is to
cancel my MasterCard and join up with a different credit card.    The
bank bod told me that they can follow me across to a new MasterCard
-what ????  So it has to be another card.

Much mumbling in the background
Barrie
//