[Mgs] Speed Bleeders

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat May 23 01:57:56 MDT 2020

On both of mine the clutch and caliper nipples are the same hex size.

Wheel cylinders are quite a bit smaller so not surprising the bleed nipples are smaller.

How tight do you need them to be?  If they round-off it's the screw that is the problem.  Use a socket for initial loosening and final tightening, in my 3/8" drive socket set they go down to 4mm and 3/16".

  I can see why — it is a uselessly tiny size. Appropriate for fine instruments, perhaps, but seriously undersized for anything that needs actual tightening, like a bleed screw.