[Mgs] MGB not (re)starting

Charley Robinson Charley38 at twc.com
Wed Mar 11 15:18:39 MDT 2020

I, for one. :-) I just bought a Flooded Lead Acid (FLA),  Group 27DP
Marine Starting/Deep Cycle battery for my recently acquired class C
motor home.  It's going to be hooked up in parallel with the alike one
that's in there already.  The pair will be the "house battery."  I
brought the new battery home a hour or so ago, put it on the charger &
checked the electrolyte level.  Two cells needed topping up! Made a
mental note to check the battery that's in the rig for electrolyte
level.  The MH is a 2019, was put on the road 2/19 so I'm hoping the
original battery will live with the new one as long as I get the state
of charge (SOC) of each the same to begin with. Funny thing is I traded
in the Jap SLA from my Prius for a core.  I have an Optima in the Prius.

My MGB has a Group 26R FLA in it.  I keep it on a battery tender in the
winter but I start the car every couple of weeks & drive it around a bit
if the weather's good enough.  No road salt in south Texas.  Hmmm, I
need to check the electrolyte level in the B's battery.

CR