[Mgs] Ridiculous nw cars

Barrie Robinson barrob at bell.net
Tue Mar 10 13:50:39 MDT 2020

One of my most favourite car trips was from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore in
a TR2.   Wind in my hair, sun beating down on me, totally devoid of
useless information and just a simple dial for revs and speed.   No
flashing screens , no awkward pointing at a glass plate, no googled eye
searches - Just joy of the engine noise and driving.   All this while
not worrying about the terrorists pinging at me - well.it was 1953
during the "Emergency" (not described as war for political reasons).   I
do feel sorry for those having to drive in a "modern"car !!!

HOWEVER, I do have tach(one wire connection) and speedo(GPS fed) from
SpeedHut in my MGB GT V8.

Barrie