[Mgs] Ridiculous new cars

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Mar 10 11:03:38 MDT 2020

I was saying the same thing 20 years ago. Power windows! Power door locks! Power seats, for chrissake! Remote entry and alarms systems! Keyless starters! Not a one of them necessary. Each one a potential expensive repair down the road.

Our newest car is a 2001 Toyota Echo without a single one of these mod cons. 135K and hopefully will go much longer. I really do not want to be forced into a car with one of those key fob gadgets.

I do have a phone charger plugged into the cigar lighter socket in the MGB.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB