[Mgs] Ridiculous new cars

Steve Shoyer steve at shoyer.com
Tue Mar 10 10:54:47 MDT 2020

Some of the newer safety devices are good to have.  If my son (fairly
new driver at the time) had been driving a car with a collision
avoidance system, he might not have totaled the car when he ran into
someone.  The car we got as a replacement system has collision
avoidance, and the rest of the stuff that comes along with it.

My everyday car is ready to be replaced, and I agree about all the junk
in the new cars that's not really needed.  I hate paying for stuff I
don't want and probably won't use, and I especially hate to pay to have
someone fix it in a year or two when it stops working.  That being said,
I almost took a car off my list because my cell phone doesn't fit in the
built-in wireless charger.  First world problems, I guess.

--Steve (1980 MGB)

https://www.avg.com