[Mgs] MGA FRONT DISC BRAKES

Eric Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Fri Jun 26 12:19:22 MDT 2020

 > Where can I find info on converting shoe to disc on the front od a
1957 mga rst 1500?

Barney answered your question but I want to ask one.

Why? Unless you are routinely careening down mountain roads the MGA drum
brakes are more than adequate for  a street driven MGA. Even many
vintage raced MGAs do not convert to discs (even when they are allowed
to do so). The limiting factor for stopping distance will always be tire
traction. Put your money into good tires (most MGA size tires are for
economy cars and not sports cars) and I think you'll find the brakes are
fine. This of course assumes drum brakes/linings/etc are all in good
condition. Which, with brakes being very high on the List of Important
Things, they should be.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC