[Mgs] Bulbs

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:10:09 MDT 2020

    Having installed relays, some years ago, for turn signals, parking and head lamps, I have had no incentive to use LEDs there.
   But in the instruments, I did, and have been very pleased (you thought I was going to say delighted) with them. Instrument lighting was never satisfactory; I had tried a variety of bulbs, and had jumped the rheostat out of the circuit without ever getting enough light to read the gauges when a car with headlamps on was following.
   Max points out that the LEDs vary in size. When installing the new one in speedometer, bounce the instrument with your hand before putting it in. Be sure that the LED is not touching the rotating cup of the instrument.  If the speedo does not read with the new LED in place, wiggle the LED slightly back out of the speedo to give clearance.
Bob
‘72 GT, with legible instruments