[Mgs] LED instrument lights

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Jul 7 11:00:35 MDT 2020

I bought these LEDs for the instruments in my 1966 B, from LEDLight.com.

Product ID 57567
#1487 Miniature Bulb E10 Base 5 5050 12V Dim-able T3 1/4
Color: Warm White 3000K
$2.42 ea.

Note that there are brighter bulbs, but they contain more LED elements and are longer, and will not fit in the fuel or combo gauge locations. The number after the word “Base” indicates the number of elements. The next size would be a “9”.

I chose Warm White to simulate the color of the incandescent bulbs. I had tried the Bright White bulbs but I didn't like the effect — it was slightly bluish and actually tended to wash out the lettering on the gauges.

I did not use LEDs in the turn signal indicators because I didn't see any need for them to be brighter.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB