[Mgs] NOS Speedo Angle Drive

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Jan 27 06:25:47 MST 2020

Before trying to dis-assemble this NOS drive unit, on a hunch, I applied several drops of Microil by Kano Labs.  Kano makes Kroil also.  Microil is a super light lubricating oil for instrument mechanisms and light machinery.  I thought it might penetrate the inlet and outlet of the drive without taking it apart.  After a couple of applications the angle drive now turns freely.  Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.  Now I'm just wondering if this thin oil will be sufficient to put it in service.  I can't think of another way to lubricate it without opening it up.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 1:26 AM, PaulHunt73<paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com> wrote:    Agree, or any penetrating fluid until it turns freely.  But getting fresh grease in may present you with the same problem as before.