[Mgs] MGA engine fan (was: Oil Filter Cannister)

Eric Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Sun Aug 9 12:19:55 MDT 2020

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm
<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm>

Specifically: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm
<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm>

<quote>Depending on car model and production date, the fan originally
could have been black, red, or yellow. Some very early production 1500s
may have had black fan. Otherwise the engine was painted in complete
assembly including the fan, resulting in the fan being dark red. A lot
of Twin Cams, especially 1500 body types, had black fan. There are
reports of some early 1600s having either red or black fan. Sometime
likely during 1959 production year, the fan was painted yellow to
satisfy new safety standards, and all later cars should have yellow fan
as original.</quote>

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC