[Mgs] Oil Filter Cannister

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sat Aug 8 12:34:19 MDT 2020

There seems to be some diverse opinion as to the correct color, but I think
all agree that red engine color cannot be considered incorrect.

On page 17 of Original MGA by Clausager shows a bodyless car and the
cannister is definitely engine color.

On a personal note I think it would look better if a different/contrasting
color, but I'm trying to be relatively correct.  This page:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of1.htm  shows a blue one.

Which brings me next to the fan.  It is black in that picture.  Further
study of the pictures in the book indicate, at least to me, that the 1500
engines had a black fan and the 1600 engines yellow.  Does that sound right?