[Mgs] Carb cleaning

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat Apr 25 09:19:56 MDT 2020

Depends how far you want to go.  Aerosol carb cleaner will blast external
oil/grime off the bodies and linkages as it (what we get in the UK anyway)
is more powerful than other aerosols.  But it won't shine them up, just
leave the alloy much the same as it was before they got mucky i.e. anything
from polished to oxidised.

If you want to go further you can take the covers off, noting which came off
each carb, and take the pistons out - carefully - again noting which came
from each carb.  The carb cleaner will blast black combustion residue off
both in my experience, and from the inside of the body.  There is a slight
risk of pushing something into the jets that shouldn't be there with that
last part, unless you plug them with something like a toothpick perhaps.