[Mgs] TD footwell upholstery

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:05:09 MDT 2019

Hello All,
   I am about to attach the new footwell side panels in my TD. The ends
down near the pedals and passenger footrest have to be formed around the
dash scuttle frame, but there's no obvious way to keep the panel formed to
the body.
   In Schsch's restoration manual, the picture of that area looks like the
worker attached the panels with screws...but there are no holes in the tub.
I plan to drill four small holes in each of the panels and attach them to
the tub with screws.
   There's very little spare room in the footwells of a TD and I don't want
a panel coming loose right when I need both feet for the clutch and brake!
Thus the screws.
   I may get that job tomorrow. Today I cleaned the whole garage, including
pulling the cars out, including the the TD. It started and ran fine, as did
the Lancia.

Rick