[Mgs] MGB drive shaft measurement

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Nov 1 02:33:31 MDT 2019

This may help http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/propshafttext.htm#length

  ...  We now have the cross-member out to renew the transmission rubber mounts (reduced to a squashed, gooey mass) and are wondering if the DPO who replaced the original rear axle with an earlier banjo-type did not install a matching drive shaft but kept the original.  The drive shaft can just barely be jammed in place.  The Moss cat. gives lengths of the various drive shafts – from where to where does one measure?  (We assume that the two pieces have to be shoved together for this measurement.)

  Also, can anyone give us the over-all length of the overdrive and non-overdrive gearboxes?