[Mgs] bad clutch or?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 14:59:43 MDT 2019

 On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 4:34:56 AM PDT, Dan DiBiase via Mgs <mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 10:18 PM Robert's New iPad via Mgs <mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:

> >  It had been installed ten years and 30M miles ago.
> 30 million miles is decent wear for an MG clutch, I'd say..... ;-)

Years ago, when I worked for Tacoma Screw Products, they were still using a card
catalog to keep track of their warehouse stock.  You'd frequently see the quantity of
a keg of, say, 1/4" hex nuts written as "10M" meaning 10 thousand.  When I asked
"Why isn't that a K?" it was explained to me that since "M" was the Roman numeral
for 1000, the notation made total sense.  I think it's a practice specific to the hardware
industry, dating from before WWII.