[Mgs] 1978 mgb

dave dave at ranteer.com
Mon May 27 19:31:20 MDT 2019

I start the car, and it starts right up and runs great.

Run it for a few minutes (need to keep the revs up a bit), and as soon as I
let off the gas, it drops back to idle, then dies.

Cannot restart.  Try starter fluid but nothing catches, even for a second.
Carlton and I checked - am getting gas into the carb.

Cannot restart it again until it cools.  Then I can repeat.

New plugs, cap, and wires.  Have not replaced rotor, points, or condenser.

???

History - I acquired this car as a non runner.  Compression is decent all 4
cylinders; don't remember exactly what