[Mgs] Rear mounted power antenna

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Fri May 24 12:30:12 MDT 2019

Depends if the phone can work with a car based charger.

In my 71 GT I have a cigar lighter (an official option these days according to the BMIHT certificate).

So my Samsung phone can be charged with a nice 12 V to USB power converter, so power will not be a problem.

These converters can be purchased for a few dollars.

Having only one cigar lighter point should not be an issue, if both cell phone and navigator can be fed with a USB power feed.

On the other hand, I just tried on my phone to use a web based streaming radio station and on a second tab running Google maps, which can be used to navigate – problem solved.

I also have seen MG B’s with a little antenna on top of the dash, but I do not know the quality of that.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT NRG