[Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed May 8 09:48:41 MDT 2019

About the only thing you can do - short of removing the engine and tipping it upside down - is to keep refilling with clean water to dilute what's left, run, drain, allow to cool, repeat, until what comes out is also clean.  Make sure the heater valve is open.

To refill add the correct amount of neat coolant for the system capacity and your required dilution, then top-up with water.  For initial top-ups while it is purging itself of air use plain water, after that use a dilute mix.

  So, how do I get all the old coolant out of the engine since the coolant drain plug isn't functional, and since there will likely be water left inside the block, how do I properly dilute the green coolant?