[Mgs] Differential drain plug tool

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon May 6 01:23:27 MDT 2019

I just used a old large bolt cut down and tapered.  Gave me low-profile head
for a socket spanner for use on the level plug where space is restricted.
The hole for the tool may be square but it isn't parallel-sided. If it were
you could use a 1/2" socket wrench without a socket - which I did for a
while but it tends to slip out.  Best of all is to replace them with the new
plugs which take a hex Allen key.

More than one way to skin a cat.  I got a
standard 3/8 to 1/2 drive adapter for $1 from a
cheap tool vendor.  Grrind the output end to a
little taper, and it's a perfect fit.