[Mgs] i am so frustrated!!!!

Steve West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Wed Mar 20 08:05:33 MDT 2019

On 19.03.2019 21:27, dave via Mgs wrote:
> You may remember I posted a picture of a non running 78 B I picked up.
>  Removed the valve cover, lined up the valves, used a steel rod to
> ensure #1 was at TDC, backed it off just a bit so it was about 10
> degrees BTC and found that the rotor pointed to one of the dizzy
> wires.  Not #1 btw.  The wires were just all wrong; took them all off
> and put them in correctly.  Car fired right up using starter fluid,
> but wouldn't continue to run.
>
> Definitely due to impatience, and not following a logical sequence of
> trouble shooting, after blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the
> electric fuel pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between
> the gas tank and the fuel pump was clogged.  (Didn't blow that one
> out!!!)  and yes I'm planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel lines.
>
> Got it really purring on the new fuel pump, swapped the old one back
> in and the car ran fine.
>
> got all the wiring reredone after I butchered it reremoving and
> rereplacing fuel pumps, put back the various hoses and things I had
> removed in the engine compartment after removing the valve cover.
>
> Nada.
>
> Nothing.
>
> Even with starter fluid.

If nothing on the starter fluid I would look back at what you did in the
engine compartment to put it back together. Start with checking spark at
a plug, since it ran when you had the valve cover off. My quick guess is
that putting it back some of the wiring is incorrect under the bonnet.
If you have spark at the plug then recheck the plug wires and dizzy to
make sure the spark is at the right time. If you don't have spark then
trouble shoot that.

Steve

--
Steve West-Fisher