[Mgs] i am so frustrated!!!!

dave dave at ranteer.com
Tue Mar 19 19:27:28 MDT 2019

You may remember I posted a picture of a non running 78 B I picked up.
Removed the valve cover, lined up the valves, used a steel rod to ensure #1
was at TDC, backed it off just a bit so it was about 10 degrees BTC and
found that the rotor pointed to one of the dizzy wires.  Not #1 btw.  The
wires were just all wrong; took them all off and put them in correctly.  Car
fired right up using starter fluid, but wouldn't continue to run.

Definitely due to impatience, and not following a logical sequence of
trouble shooting, after blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the electric
fuel pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between the gas tank and
the fuel pump was clogged.  (Didn't blow that one out!!!)  and yes I'm
planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel lines.

Got it really purring on the new fuel pump, swapped the old one back in and
the car ran fine.

got all the wiring reredone after I butchered it reremoving and rereplacing
fuel pumps, put back the various hoses and things I had removed in the
engine compartment after removing the valve cover.

Nada.

Nothing.

Even with starter fluid.

Time to do something else.  I'll revisit this another day and in the
meantime hook it back up to the battery charger.