[Mgs] MGB Turn Signals

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Fri Mar 15 17:19:50 MDT 2019

My switch was a “replacement” as well, although it was at least ten years old when the problem occurred. I spent a lot of time monkeying with it before deciding to just buy a new one. Then I attempted a post-mortem, and discovered the missing spring. I think I probably could have fixed it, assuming I could find a suitable spring. It might have involved drilling out rivets.

If you wanted to try it, I would check to see if I still have the switch I took off — you could have it for parts.

Basically, I determined the fault by jumping the contacts with the key on, and seeing what resulted. I could make it flash with a jumper, but not with the switch.

--
Max Heim
mvheim at sonic.net