[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 142, Issue 2

Eric Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Fri Mar 15 14:16:55 MDT 2019

Do the parking lights work? When you switch on the right turn signals
what do the parking lights do?

The first thing I check when lights don't work correctly is that the
bulbs are getting a good ground path. Usually the bulb is grounded
through the lamp base's connection to the body. That leaves a few places
for corrosion or looseness to interfere with a good ground. If there is
a dedicated ground wire (usually black insulation) follow it to where it
connects to the body. Secure that connection - remove, clean the wire
terminal and the area where is attaches then snug it down.

Eric