[Mgs] Bad Fuel Question

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 11:36:21 MDT 2019

I've never encountered a "bad fuel" problem before, so I'm lookingfor some confirmation (or not).  The local Mom-without-Pop store putin new pumps, and one of the things they're offering now is 92 octane (US)
alcohol-free gas.  I had about a quarter tank in my MGA (w/MGB highcompression engine) so I went to fill up.  The pump with the alcohol-free gas was out of order!  So I put in three gallons of regular 92
octane, and about 1/4 mile from the station started experiencing a lotof misfiring, mostly when accelerating in 3rd and 4th.  I continueddriving like this for about 20 miles to see if it would clear up and itnever did.  I can't imagine it's anything but the fuel, but I've neverencountered "bad fuel" situation like this in 44 years of driving.
The fact that it started about 1/4 mile after leaving the station seemslike pretty good evidence.  Any other possibilities?  Is there any optionother than to just burn through this half tank of gas?
Thanks!

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com