[Mgs] Overdrive Diagram

Charley Robinson Charley38 at twc.com
Fri Jan 18 13:44:25 MST 2019

Now that you have the relief valve reinstalled correctly, the only other
variable is the oil.  I suggest you drain the gearbox/OD and refill with
the same oil you use in the engine.  I've owned two MGBs with OD and
always used engine oil.  It was Castrol 20-50 until I changed to
Valvoline racing oil of the same grade after the flat-tappet scare
started going around.  Never had any trouble with the ODs and I drove
both cars plenty.

CR