[Mgs] New to list

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Tue Dec 24 03:19:24 MST 2019

Welcome Michael!

Good taste that GT!

I own a February 1971 BGT ex-Calif w/o overdrive colored in New Racing Green with chromed wire wheels.

Attached a picture made during our holidays in the UK some years ago.

I live in the Netherlands, work as a Sr. ICT Infrastructure Architect (Sr. because the color of my hair…) and am looking forward to my retirement over 6 months, though I’m asked to proceed working for one or two days a week.

The GT has been exported to the Netherlands early 1990 and I bought it on May 2nd that year.

The GT was solid, but warn out in many aspects.

As we have a 4 kids family, it took me 10 years to get it road worthy and titled.

Quite an adventure for someone, who never did such a big job on a car before.

But this list, of which I’m a member since 1993, helped me enormously all these years.

In 2000 and 2006 I went to the Boston area for business meetings and asked the list whether there was interest in a MG meeting.

Both times we got together with a nice group of listers in the oldest inn of USA, where Longfellow wrote his poems.

In 2011 I came to Colorado Springs, where again I met and toured with a group of classic car owners.

Also in 2011 I went for holidays to England, where I met Paul Hunt and the heritage Museum.

So this list also is for making friends!

Besides my GT, I also own several classic Puch mopeds, which were cult amongst the youngsters in the sixties and seventies.

I sold the one which always was used by my wife in summertime, but she cannot ride it anymore because of her health.

It was a good investment, as the value tripled in 10 years.

Still three Puch mopeds left, where one is exactly like the one I bought new on May 30th 1970 and the vin only differs 6 digits!

All Puch mopeds have been dismantled totally for a ground up restauration and with nice weather it is great touring on these little bikes.

My early 1971 GT has the hornpush on the boss steering wheel.

The stalk one you have was fashion in the late sixties on the British cars, as I can remember it from my 1966 Ford Cortina.

Cheers,

Hans

Hoofddorp (near Amsterdam) Netherlands