[Mgs] Whistle from anti-run-on valve

wkilleffer at epbfi.com wkilleffer at epbfi.com
Thu Jun 28 09:34:59 MDT 2018

Within the last couple of months, I have replaced a great deal of fuel system parts on my 1974 MGB, including the fuel tank, vapor separator hoses, anti run-on valve, and all of the hoses associated with the evaporative loss system. Everything seems to be working correctly as I no longer have fuel vapors in the trunk, the car no longer diesels at shut-off, and it seems easier to start at times when it would have been heat-soaked before.
But I've noticed when I rev the engine to 3500rpm between shifts, there is an odd whistling noise that comes from under the hood. Sounds like it's coming from the anti run on valve area, but I can't confirm that.
Is it common for those valves to have leaks? When I hold fingers over the opening on its bottom, the engine will try to stall, so it's functioning correctly.
Thank you,-William
Sent from my LG Mobile