[Mgs] some advice

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat Jun 23 09:51:01 MDT 2018

After a recommendation for 'genuine Lucas indicator/turn signal flashers' SFB15 8FL I bought one, and find it works just like a hazard flasher.  All the numbers on the unit and the box are correct, but when you operate the switch there is a delay before the lights come on, there is no difference in flashing speed when one bulb has failed, and in fact it flashes at the same rate with anything from one to four 21W bulbs - i.e. it IS a hazard flasher!

Complained to the supplier and they just said return it for a refund ... which would cost me almost as much as I paid for it.  Complained to Lucas/Elta and Sales said they hadn't received any reports (!) and there was nothing they could do.  I pointed out they were not 'fit for purpose' (a legal term in the UK) then I got another email from someone in Technical who asked for pictures of the unit and the box, and said he would get some out of stock for testing.  That's as far as it has got.

Judging from moans on fora in the UK all people seem to do is just that - moan, and don't complain.  Looks like suppliers don't bother testing or feeding back complaints either.  No wonder so much stuff is crap.  But then I'm pretty OCD about things like this.