[Mgs] Something to consider when you buy an oil filter for your MGB.

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Jun 15 06:14:53 MDT 2018

Thankfully I've not had to prime the oil system on a 4-cylinder, which is fraught with problems.  By comparison the V8 is very easy - remove the distributor, put a drill and drive-shaft on the oil pump spindle, and spin away until you get oil pressure.  Mind you, the problems come when putting the distributor back, as it doesn't have a 'one way only' drive dog :o)

  I agree, Paul, and for those of us with cars without a manual choke, you'd have to pull the coil wire every time you wanted to take a ride. The only time I do that and 'pre-pressure' the engine is the first start after sitting for several months over winter.