[Mgs] 1974 chrome bumper MGB ignition coil

laf48 at aol.com laf48 at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 13:30:24 MDT 2018

lrc I believe you are correct. My customer stated that the engine would shut off in 20-30 seconds, and he verified it with a timing light. It has an Allison electronic breakerless system, he insisted to  replace it and the coil with a known good coil and a points plate first. I said it could be the Tachometer. Known good points plate and coil installed, no change. I pulled off the 2 wire connector for the tachometer, DONE!
Len