[Mgs] Need advice with removing a front driveshaft nut

Steve Shoyer steve at shoyer.com
Tue Jul 17 20:27:11 MDT 2018

No, the threads of the bolt are through the nut, so I can't use a
screwdriver with it.  I tried cutting a slot into the side of the nut so
I could tap it off with a chisel, but there's isn't much room to do that
without cutting into wither the bolt or the flange.  I'll just cut off
the bolt and replace it once the transmission is out of the car.
Hopefully that'll be the biggest issue I run into on this job.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll probably have more questions once I
get the engine out and start trying to install parts I've never done before.

--Steve (1980 MGB)