[Mgs] Exhaust system

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Tue Nov 28 09:04:52 MST 2017

I'e been rethinking this.  First, I used the term "front muffler" in my
earlier post.  Actually, it's not a muffler; it's a resonator. It's
essentially an expansion chamber whose purpose is to cancel out the high
frequency exhaust pulses; the sharp barks IOW.  Some resonators have a
shell within a shell with insulation in between to do some quieting;
some don't.
Since it appears that the exhaust sound you object to is localized in
the cockpit area, I wonder if your resonator might be cracked or
possibly touching the underside of the floor pan or a loose connection.
If not, increasing the resonator volume or its type of construction &
insulation might be a way to go.  Just have to get the car on a lift and
have a look-see.

CR