[Mgs] clutch/trans question

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Jun 7 08:15:22 MDT 2017

It's correct, but the distance the roller bearing actually moves back and
fore on the shaft is very small, so the distance between extremities on the
arc is even smaller.  JT shows the effect moving the release arm through the
whole of its travel when not operating the cover-plate, which is many times
more than it does in practice.  The arc extremities are small compared to
the off-centre effect of the bearing on the shaft that can occur, and that
is occurring through the whole of the travel.

Factory roller bearings with the location tube over the shaft prevent both
effects.