[Mgs] MGB Question

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Sun Jan 8 11:24:21 MST 2017

> On Jan 8, 2017, at 7:33 AM, Jack Wheeler via Mgs <mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> On the Triumph we milled the head to increase compression.  Can I do the same on my MGB?  If so, how much to get it up- to about 10:1?  Are there any weak links in the system that need to be addressed to accommodate the cam and compression?  Valve springs, valves, Flywheel lightening, etc.  Did Kastner publish a "Competition Preparation Manual" for the MGB, like he did for the TR-3/4?  If so, are copies available, and do you know where I might find one?

I can’t answer your specific question regarding milling, but my recommendation would be to pick up a copy of Peter Burgess’ “How To Power Tune MGB 4-Cylinder Engines.” Apparently, it’s been updated in 2013 and is (as far as I know) the best book to have on your shelf. You can pick it up on Amazon, or include it in your next order from Moss or the other usual suspects when ordering parts. If there’s a good way to make power, Peter covered it.