[Mgs] Intermittent Fuel Starvation

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Mon Apr 24 07:08:42 MDT 2017

Sorry about the double post.  I forgot to change the subject. :-(

I managed to get one bowl cover off once while the needle was stuck shut
& the float had dropped away from it.  Just lightly touching it made the
needle drop.  There has never been any residue in the bowls but I may
replace the fuel hoses JIC that they are decomposing internally.  I've
never been able to detect any deposits on the needle tips though.

Here's another thing; the floats in my carbs are all plastic, not as
shown in all the exploded views I've seen.  Perhaps I ought to replace
them with the adjustable plastic/metal ones.  What do you think?

CR