[Mgs] Question on MGB Light Switches

S. Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Mon Nov 14 20:47:17 MST 2016

I hope somebody comes up with the answer to this, as I have exactly the same problem on our ‘71 B/GT.

After removing the steering column cowl (and putting it back together without breaking the plastic where the screws go is even harder than removal—good thing we had another one in the spares bin!) I noticed that the contact that apparently completes the forward-for-high-beam circuit was no longer there—apparently burned away.  So I raided our spares bin for a used stalk—from another year, as it has icons on it that the one in the car doesn’t, but the plug and all the wire colors matched and the “missing” contact was there—and plugged it in while things were still apart.  Still no high beams (though, like Jack, I can flash them by pulling the stalk backward), so I put everything back together with the original stalk, and try not to drive the car at night....

Help us both!

Sarah Carr
‘71 B/GT in PA