[Mgs] Old MGB parts - what's worth keeping or selling?

Steve Shoyer steve at shoyer.com
Thu Jan 7 13:52:17 MST 2016

Hi, I'm trying to make some space in my garage, so I'm going through boxes
that haven't been opened in 10 years.  I have a lot of parts that I pulled
from the parts cars (1978 and 1979) I used to rebuild my 1980 MGB after it
caught on fire.  I've got a mix of parts, mostly small enough to pick up and
put into a box.  The largest piece is a flywheel, but there are a couple of
starters, a Z-S carb, some emissions parts, old wiring harnesses, some
plastic parts (fan blade, windshield washer reservoir) - basically, whatever
I could easily remove.

So now it's a decade later and I need the room more than I need the parts.
Is there anything that I should look for in my boxes that is hard to find
and might be good to sell on eBay, or anything that I shouldn't even bother
wiping off and just take it to the metal recycling station?  There are a lot
of air pumps, tonneau bars, jacks, etc. listed on eBay, so I don't want to
go through the effort of listing everything if there isn't really a market
for it.

Thanks.  I'm located near Boston, MA if anyone wants to take a look.

--Steve (1980 MGB, plus parts)