[Mgs] F1 Montreal

Truxtun Southworth tuck.southworth at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:29:29 MST 2016

In no particular order.  We've been doing that same trip for years and this is what we have learned.  Great seats in the hairpin....(buy them NOW) we get seats half way up on the turns' exit side and with the big screen you can stay on top of the race.  Be prepared for huge crowds, shoulder to shoulder on the way out.  We stay in Greenfield Park to avoid hotel costs in Montreal and use the subway, which is an excellent way to get around.....forget driving in the city (again take the subway) but great sights and exhibits throughout the weekend all over the city.  Check out the old town.

Race is on an island so you walk over a bridge to get there.  One thing we learned early on, behind the hairpin grandstands is the Olympic rowing venue.  Great place to sit and have lunch (we hit a subway sandwich shop before heading over so bring your own lunch) also nice to sit by the water and wait until near race time.  Grandstand seats are tiny, you will sit with just an inch between you and the next guy  We use the actual rowing training facility for bathrooms and food.  Much better then standing in line at a booth.  Easy walk down to the staging area for the Austin Healys to hang out too.

Weather is all over the place.  one year you freeze, another you burn up under the sun.  In any event watch the forecast.  May need a raincoat, sunscreen and a hat.  Plan on spending hours getting out after the race unless you leave a few laps early.  Plan a meeting place as you are bound to get separated.

Needless to say it's a wonderful experience and can be habit forming.

Tuck

—
Sent from Mailbox