[Mgs] Carbs still being nasty

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Thu Dec 29 11:38:41 MST 2016

The rear carb seems set properly. I was able to get that little increase
with the lift of the 1/32 pin lifter. The front carb has been more trouble:
screwed all the way in, I can't quite get the jet up all the way to the
bridge, but with some tinkering of bowl valve, I was able to get the fuel
right up to the bridge. It runs smoothest when rich, but lifting the piston
causes it roar away and not stop. So currently, I have the nut screwed up
all the way. The pin makes no difference, but lifting the piston some
increases speed for a bit and then dies.

I found my sychrometer on the front of my cabinet where I put about 10 years
ago. It is an airflow tester with the little ball which is supposed to go up
to the middle of a clear tube. Never could get it to move no matter the
speed.

I finally got the sound the same through the tube method. We'll see. In
doing all this, I looked over and saw a tiny stream coming out of the
radiator. Urrrr

Clayton