[Mgs] Leaking speedometer cable fitting.

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Fri Oct 16 06:53:35 MDT 2015

Hi Don,  There might be two issues here. My similar experience was that the tach was jumping. Original cable seemed to have slight kinking that I made better, but instrument still jumped. Bought and installed the Moss cable, which is a current design and probably better. Instrument still jumped which, it turned out, was caused by bearing in the head allowing the cup to contact the rotating magnet. Once repaired, the tach read fine.  Eventually I re-installed the original cable, because to me it looked better. And it dripped. Dripping might have been my doing, as I oiled the cable liberally and may have not wiped it dry enough, and it could be that the cable is working grease up from the reduction drive on the dynamo. Speedo can work it up from the gearbox.   A big drip can come from connection of oil pressure pipe to the gauge, something worth checking.Bob