[Mgs] More help with some door questions

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 12:41:05 MDT 2015

Before my technical questions, let me ask about manuals.  I have an official MGB factory workshop manual, but it was printed in 1965, so obviously it is not a lot of help with many things on my 1971.  I also have the Bentley manual for 1962-1974, but it's main emphasis is the earlier cars, with not a lot of emphasis on the later cars in the 1962 - 1974 group.  Mine being a 1971, I can find no reference to the seat belt shoulder harness attachment design used on the 1968 - 1971 cars.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good service manual for a 1971 MGB?  Also, is there a useful parts book available for this same year (other than the Moss Motors catalog - which is quite helpful)?
Next question.  I want to replace the outer seals on the door window glass.  These seals are PN 282-380 and 282-390 on page 66 of the Moss catalog.  These seals attach to the outer side of the slot in the top of the door, with rivets.  The problem is getting to the rivets with the window in place.  Is there a way to lower the door glass to get to the rivets, or is it necessary to remove the window glass.  If so, what is the procedure to remove the glass?  My manuals are lacking in these instructions, or I just haven't found it yet.
While I've got the doors apart, I'm thinking about changing the window regulator on the driver's side door.  There is lot's of slop in the mechanism.  The handle moves almost a half turn before the window starts to move.  Does anyone have any tips on how to remove the regulator on a 1971 model?  Also, I see these are N/A at Moss, so I assume new or reproductions of this regulator are not available.  In which case, does anyone have a used driver's side regulator for sale, that would fit a 1971 MGB, or know of someone who might have one?  Obviously, I'd like to find one with minimum slack in the movement of the gears (caused by wear on the gear teeth?)
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jack