[Mgs] In search of an oil cooler

dcouncill dcouncill at karamursel.org
Sat May 23 15:14:52 MDT 2015

My 1964 MGB is nearing the completion of an engine overhaul. But the oil
cooler that was in the car has a cracked bracket on the bottom where it
attaches to the car. Since the car is original or close to it (it had been
stored in garage since 1981 until I got it a few years ago), I am trying to
keep it original. The oil cooler is fairly unique, 10 row with rounded edges
- see picture below, the cracked area on right side somewhat visible.

http://www.karamursel.org/mg/early_oil_cooler.jpg

Anyway, I am in search of such an early style oil cooler if anyone has one
or know of one for sale. It is not a major deal - I'll use a Moss repro if I
can't find one and then just keep my eye out.

David Councill

1964 MGB

1967 MGBGT

1972 MGB