[Mgs] tappet question

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:00:03 MDT 2015

Why would they be?  The lobes for #1 and #4 should be 180 degrees apart as
should the lobes for #2  and #3.
If they weren't you would have a very odd sounding and rough idle.
If you have ever listened to a air cooled VW motor, the source of their
funny sounding idle is they fire one cylinder (#3) a bit retarded so it
runs just a bit cooler as the oil cooler is right on top of the #3 cylinder.
But like I said, feel free to pull your valve cover and verify what I
said.  This is the internet, for all you know, I am an 16 year old red head
stringing you along.
Rick