[Mgs] tappet question

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Mon May 18 11:03:45 MDT 2015

Regarding Rule of Nine, I understand having 8 all the way up to set 1. But
there is a significant rotation between "real close to the top" in front of,
and after TDC. This can be seen with rotation the engine and seeing very
little to no movement. Also, if I am not mistaken 8 TDC is not perfectly in
line with BDC of 1; there is a bias. This means that when 8 is TDC, 1 is not
absolutely BDC ready for measurement. So the question is, how do you ensure,
with all of that slop, that you truly have BDC?

TIA,

Clayton