[Mgs] Alignment tool

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Jul 28 14:06:53 MDT 2015

Usually you can't measure directly from 3 o’clock to 3 o’clock, or 9 to 9, anyway — there is all sorts of hardware in the way. So you are dropping a vertical to the ground from these positions, and measuring the distance between that pair of points. And because of flex in the sidewalls, you really should lift the car off the ground and set it back down after every adjustment, or have the tires on a frictionless surface (which of course needs to be absolutely flat and level, in any case). All of which adds so many potential inaccuracies of angle and measurement that I would expect the errors would overwhelm the data.

I have done it, but merely as a sanity check after front end work. Then I have it professionally aligned before I wreck a pair of tires.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149