[Mgs] Replying to a listed post

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Fri Feb 20 16:01:08 MST 2015

I don’t see a “dumb” question.

It may depend on what client you are using for email, but the sure-fire way to do it is to click on “reply all” — this should put both the original sender’s address and “Mgs at autox…” in the “To” field (my client puts “MGs” in the CC field, but it’s all the same). Then, because generally you do not want to send a copy back to the original sender (since he will receive it through the list anyway), I delete the sender’s address, so the reply goes only to the list.

I say, this depends on your mail client, because the behavior is different in Apple Mail compared to Microsoft Entourage, and it may be different in web-based services like Gmail or Yahoo Mail as well.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149